Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Quick Meal - Thai Peanut Quinoa Burrito

After a long day of work, and then a long hike up and down the pipe line in the Sourlands, the last thing I want to think about is cooking a meal.  That's why these quick meals are so important to me while I'm getting ready for our trip to Colorado.   But they can be good for anyone looking for something easy, delicious and most of all good for you.  Microwave meals are not your only option when you want to make a single serving lunch or dinner in just a few minutes.  And to be honest, before our roommate moved in, I had banished out microwave to the basement.  It wasn't a useful cooking tool in my kitchen. 

Today I made a Thai Peanut Quinoa Burrito.  You could easily replace the quinoa with chicken, tofu, shrimp or anything else you heart desires.  I picked quinoa because I had some left over.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups cooked Quinoa
1 1/2 Tbsp Peanut Butter
1/2 Tbsp White Vinegar
1/2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 tsp Honey
1 tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
(add about a teaspoon of Sriracha if you like some heat)
1 Tortilla
1/4 Cup Coleslaw Mix

Mix the first 6 ingredients until well combined.  Top the tortilla with coleslaw mix and then with the qunioa mixture.  Enjoy this protein packed meal after a workout or any time of the day.  This really hit the spot!

No comments:

Post a Comment