Monday, November 11, 2013

Lentil Stuffed Peppers

I had a lot of lentils left over since I made the whole bag instead of half.  I ran out to the store and grabbed some peppers and mushrooms and went home to whip something up. 

Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Sauce
2 Cups Lentils
2 Cups Rice
6 oz Mushrooms, sliced
1/4-1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
Seasoning to taste, I used the below:
Red Pepper Flakes
Ground Mustard
Italian Seasoning
Salt
Pepper
4 Medium-Large Peppers

I suggest cooking the sliced mushrooms first to sweat out some of the water in them.  Then just mix all of the ingredients together.  Try not to eat it all right then. 


Cut the stem out of the peppers and clean out as many seeds and membranes as you can without breaking the pepper.  Stuff with the mixture until full and top with cheese.  I only stuffed two peppers and I used the left over lentils as a side for Salmon on another day. 


Cook, covered in foil at 375 for an hour.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment