Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Quick Meal - Shrimp Burrito

I had a great hike in the Sourlands this weekend.  It's a small local mountain in Hillsborough that I've been hiking for years now.  The past few weeks I've been training to climb a much larger mountain, Longs Peak in Colorado.  I've never climbed with a pack on before so it's been a bit of a process getting ready.  I feel great and can't wait for May!

After my hike I only had about an hour to get ready to go out again and I was starving!  I had to make something quick so I could still have time to get showered and ready.  I did a quick survey of the fridge and came up with this:


1 Small handful of spinach
6 Shrimp
2 Tbsp Salsa
1 Tortilla
1/2 Avocado
Cheese

Lightly chop the spinach and toss into a pan with a light spray of olive oil or Pam.


Once the spinach has wilted slightly add the shrimp with a bit of salt and pepper. 


Cook the shrimp until it turns pink and add the salsa.  Stir it around a bit to coat everything.  


You can't see here, but I added  half of an avocado to the tortilla before topping it with the spinach, shrimp salsa mixture.  I topped everything with a bit of shredded cheese.


This really hit the spot!  It was super tasty and really filling!  The whole thing came together in just a few minutes!  I ate this on the front porch and enjoyed the amazing weather before I had to run to work!

4 comments:

  1. Liz, this looks so good I am going to try it.

    Bobbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear! It's very simple to make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow- I made it and it was very easy to make and delicious. I will be making it again soon.

    ReplyDelete