Monday, April 1, 2013

Easy Cheese Quiche

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  I kept myself busy while the Husband was away hiking in the Adirondacks.  I did a little hiking myself on a slightly smaller scale but there is no way I can get views like this in NJ!




I had a quiet brunch at my aunt's house for Easter.  My uncle always makes a variety of cream cheeses and gets some good bagels so I offered to bring a quiche.  I was exausted and didn't want to do anything too complicated so I decided on plain cheese.  I also opted for a store bought pie crust.  I checked all of pie crusts in the store and went for the one with fewer ingredients and kept away from the ones made with lard... ew.  In the future I'll find a quick and easy recipe that I can share with you!


The Ingredients:
1 Pie Crust (deep dish if you could find it)
2 Cups Cheese ( I picked a mexican blend)
1 Tbsp Chives chopped
4 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Cream
Salt and Pepper to taste

To be honest with you, I made this before I had coffee so it totally escaped my mind to take pictures of the process.  But it's easy!  Place the cheese into the pie crust and top with chopped chives.  In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, milk, cream and salt and pepper together.  Pour over cheese in the crust.  Place the quiche on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for about 40 minutes.  The center with still be slightly jiggly but it will continue to cook after you take it out of the oven. 


This was the LIGHTEST CREAMIEST quiche I've ever had.  I could have added another egg and slightly less milk or cream but everyone loved it.  You can add a few slices of bacon or ham or even crumbled sausage, just put any additional ingredient over the cheese before you add the egg mixture.  You should add less cheese if you're adding anything else so the quiche doesn't over flow!  Happy Brunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment